December is a long way off but November 17th is a little bit closer and will give you something to stave off your impatience as that is the release date for the new Star Wars Battlefront. The Frostbite based game will support up to 40 players in a battle with all your favourite locations, characters, weapons, and vehicles; from various eras in the Star Wars galaxy from what we can gleam. There will also be a single player mode consisting of what EA is referring to as crafted missions, which may be playable in co-op mode aas well as solo.
This being an EA game they have already coated it with the repulsive substances, In Game Footage, Pre-Order and DLC. They claim in this article at HEXUS that "the amount of content in the game has absolutely zero to do with DLC. I can say that with all honesty.", undermined by the fact that if you pre-order you get access to a map called "Battle of Jakku" on December 1st instead of the 8th. This of course smacks of future preferential treatment for those willing to pay for early access to content everyone else has to wait for. The trailer below is referred to as being in game footage but we are all smart enough to know that while it is certainly rendered with the game engine it is not representative of what your game will look like while you are playing it. Can EA do more harm to the series than Jar Jar or is this just a minor inconvenience at the release of a game that will prove to be a fan favourite?
"It’s got all your favourites: the robocow, crossjets, hoverbikes, the notorious Crumpet Eagle, Johnny Rockets, and even that mean black Cylon with his lasersword. I am far more interested in the unreal possibilities of sci-fi face-shooting than humdrum real-world jazz."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- $5 Minimum To Graduate From Steam Limited Account Now @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Grand Theft Auto IV 7-Years Later Review @ OCC
- Mortal Kombat: Brawler gaming's quintessential gorefest @ The Register
- Screenshots and concept art reveal more of Mad Max game @ HEXUS
- Origin Humble Bundle has grown
- First Look At Total War: Warhammer Is Totally Warhammer @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- You Can Complete Deus Ex Mankind Divided Without Killing Anyone, Even The Bosses @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN