In March Morry looked at the Silverstone Argon AR01, an inexpensive cooler for moderately powerful CPUs. [H]ard|OCP has just wrapped up a review of the AR05 which resembles that cooler, rotated 90 degrees to fit in extremely small cases. It is 104x92x36.7mm, yes 36.7mm tall, with a 92mm fan for cooling. As you should expect a cooler this small is not the most powerful cooler available but from [H]'s testing you can see that it is a significant improvement over the stock fan. If you are looking to cool a SFF system then this is a review you need to read.
"Trying to fit a lot of air cooling into a smaller footprint computer case can certainly be an obstacle in your build process. With mini-ITX and micro-ATX systems gaining popularity, and chassis footprints shrinking, huge tower coolers are not an option. How well does SilverStone's AR-05 cooler perform with its minuscule 37mm height profile?"
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Raijintek Triton CPU Water Cooler @ Benchmark Reviews
- Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO Liquid Cooler Review @ Neoseeker
- Fractal Design Define R5 tower @ HardwareOverclock
- In-Win 904 Plus Chassis @ Kitguru
- AeroCool GT-A Chassis @ Kitguru
- Lian-Li DK-01 Aluminium Desk Chassis @ eTeknix
- Thermaltake Core X9 Review @ OCC