Regular listeners to the PCPer Podcast should be aware of the DD-WRT project to root and take control over your router as we have mentioned it multiples of times, along with a related project called OpenWrt. If you have not looked into the process of how to flash up a router with one or the other of these new OSes/firmware packages then this article at Linux.com is something you should take a look at. They walk you through the steps of taking over a Linksys WRT1900AC router, from straight out of the box to final configuration. They also give you a look at the advantages running a router on OpenWrt gives you and ideas for taking it further. Check it out right here.
"The Linksys WRT1900AC is a top-end modern router that gets even sweeter when you unleash Linux on it and install OpenWrt. OpenWrt includes the opkg package management system giving you easy access to a great deal of additional open source software to use on your router."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Doom is BOOM! BOOM! BACK! @ The Register
- Trojanized, Info-Stealing PuTTY Version Lurking Online @ Slashdot
- Google Google GOOGLE! Cloud cloud CLOUD! These prices are INNNSAAAANE! @ The Register
- Microsoft: Free Windows 10 for THIEVES and PIRATES? They can GET STUFFED @ The Register
- Open source power-up on the way for arcade game emulator MAME @ The Register
- TP-Link Archer C9 @ HardwareHeaven
- Tech ARP 2015 Mega Giveaway : Mi In-Ear Headphones
- Win great prizes with be quiet! and KitGuru!