At a $90 price point the 2TB Toshiba Canvio Connect is not a huge investment to give yourself another way to back up your precious data; remember kids the equation is Actual Number of backups = Number of Backups – 1. It is also a good choice for portable storage, at 8.2oz and 111x79x21mm (4.4×3.1×0.8") it will easily fit into your bag or laptop case. Hardware Secrets tested it for speed and found it a bit slower than the competition but certainly within expectations for a USB 3.0 drive. They prefer the Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB overall, for the same price it is slightly faster and slimmer as well.
"Users are always damanding more and more storage space, not only inside their computers, but also as portable external hard disk drives. Nowadays, 2 TB portable external drives are becoming popular, and we will test the Toshiba 2 TB Canvio Connect, comparing it to the Seagate 2 TB Backup Plus Slim and the Western Digital 2 TB My Passport Ultra that we've already reviewed. They are all compact drives and make use of the USB 3.0 interface. Which one is the fastest? Let's see!"
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- QNAP TurboNAS TS-453S Pro NAS Server Review @ NikKTech
- Thecus N4310 @ HardwareHeaven
- WD My Cloud Professional DL2100 @ The Inquirer
- Kingston HyperX Predator PCIe SSD @ Modders-Inc
- Patriot Ignite 480GB Review @ OCC
- Kingston SSDNow KC310 960GB SSD Review @ NikKTech
- Kingston HyperX Predator PCIe M.2 SSD @ Benchmark Reviews