Lenovo has announced their own version of an Intel Compute Stick, the ThinkCentre Stick, and this tiny Intel Bay Trail computer will be slightly cheaper than Intel's reference platform with an MSRP of $129.
Full specs won't surprise anyone who's read our review of the Intel Compute Stick:
- Processor: Intel Bay Trail Z3735F (quad-core, up to 1.83 GHz)
- Memory: Up to 2 GB
- Storage: Up to 32 GB
- Wireless: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- Ports: 1 x HDMI, 1 x Micro
- Operating System: Windows 8.1 with Bing or Windows 10
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 100 x 38 x 15 mm (3.94" x 1.50" x 0.59")
We aren't breaking any new ground here, but seeing more vendors offering products based on Intel's micro-PC platform will only help drive down the price. Lenovo explains the product this way:
"For the wallet friendly starting price of US $129, this plug and play technology can transform almost any HDMI compatible TV or monitor into a fully functioning Windows-based PC. The ideacentreTM Stick 300 does not look like a traditional computer, but it performs like one once a 2.4GHz wireless keyboard and mouse are added."
The ThinkCentre Stick will be available in July for $129 US.