A report from FanlessTech shows what appears to be a leaked slide indicating an upcoming Intel 6th-generation Skylake NUC.
The site claims that these new Intel NUCs will be coming out in Q3 for a 6th-generation Core i3 model, and in Q4 for a 6th-gen Core i5 model. and this new NUC will feature 15W TDP Skylake-U processors and 1866 MHz DDR4 memory, along with fast M.2 storage and an SDXC card reader.
True to their name, FanlessTech speculates about the possibility of a passively-cooled version of the NUC: “Out of the box, the Skylake NUC is actively cooled. But fanless cases from Akasa, HDPLEX, Streacom and cirrus7 are to be expected.”
Here are the reported specs of this NUC:
- Intel 6th Generation Core i3 / i5-6xxxU (15W TDP)
- Dual-channel DDR4 SODIMMs 1.2V, 1866 MHz (32GB max)
- Intel HD Graphics 6xxx
- 1 x mini HDMI 1.4a
- 1 x mini DisplayPort 1.2
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports on the back panel
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports on the front panel (1 x charging capable)
- 2 x Internal USB 2.0 via header
- Internal support for M.2 SSD card (22×42 or 22×80)
- Internal SATA3 support for 2.5" HDD/SSD (up to 9.5mm thickness)
- SDXC slot with UHS-I support on the side
- Intel 10/100/1000Mbps Network Connection
- Intel Wireless-AC xxxx M.2 soldered-down, wireless antennas
- IEEE 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4, Intel® Wireless Display
- Up to 7.1 surround audio via Mini HDMI and Mini DisplayPort
- Headphone/Microphone jack on the front panel
- Consumer Infrared sensor on the front panel
- 19V, 65W wall-mount AC-DC power adapter
No further information has been revealed about this alleged upcoming NUC, but we will probably know more soon.