While Morrowind is obviously superior to Oblivion there are those who would rather explore Cyrodiil in the middle of Tamriel. Either way, it will be more pleasant to explore your old hunting grounds with the improvements to the engine made in Skyrim. Not only are we now waiting on the brilliant modders behind Skywind to wrap up now the same group are also getting tantalizingly close to wrapping up Skyblivion. If you don't have both games in your Steam inventory yet you should keep an eye out for deals. There is a second trailer you can watch over at Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN.
"Recent videos show many, many minutes of progress on Skyblivion, trotting around the province of Cyrodiil, leaping into Oblivion gates, and pottering about the Shivering Isles. It looks a lot like Oblivion but in Skyrim, which is sort of the goal of the whole thing. Skyblivion!"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Sorcerer King Review @ OCC
- Baldur’s Gate: Siege Of Dragonspear On Mods, Publishers And The Future Of Baldur’s Gate @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- EA Accounts to replace Origin Accounts in the coming weeks @ HEXUS
- Imperial: Total Warhammer’s First In-Engine Video @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- AMD rumoured to be supplying the Nintendo NX console chip @ HEXUS
- City Of Heroes Reborn @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 just got a huge update 10 years later @ Polygon
- Civilization turns again with Beyond Earth Rising Tide @ Polygon
Saying Morrowind is obviously
Saying Morrowind is obviously superior to Oblivion is a ridiculous statement to make, especially if comparing the graphics.
Who said anything about
Who said anything about graphics? You probably prefer that nasty monteray jack to good blue cheese too, don't you?
Liking Morrowind’s luck-based
Liking Morrowind’s luck-based gameplay and 2deep4u lore is like wearing a sandwich board that says “I’m too casual for Daggerfall”. I bet you think Bloodborne is the best Souls game.
Have to admit I never
Have to admit I never played any of the Souls games, only so much time.
Please show evidence that
Please show evidence that Skyblivion is “tantalizing close” if it exists because I can find no such indication at the Skyblivion site.
Your own link above has a statement from just TWO DAYS ago that says:
“Like Skywind, Skyblivion is still in development with no release date.”
Tantalize means to “torment
Tantalize means to "torment or tease (someone) with the sight or promise of something that is unobtainable."
So ya, that is the perfect word to describe what they are doing to those of us waiting on tenterhooks for these mods.
Damn Witcher 3 ruined the
Damn Witcher 3 ruined the Elder Scrolls games for me.