You are nowhere near as fed up with Win10 stories as you will be in a week or so sit down and get reading. So far the biggest new issue has been those who have over 512 apps in their Start menu, not inconceivable but certainly not common. Over at The Register a story has been put up covering Win10 by a person who admits to having 4,000 open browser tabs and sending the machine into hibernation in that state. Their experiences show that Win10 doesn't care and even likes this sort of abuse as long as it is on an SSD. That is not to say all is good, for there is still the technicolour yawn which is the new Start menu and the disturbing tendency for the OS to call on mom more often than Norman Bates. Read the full article to see the good, bad and bothersome.
"It's Windows 10 day. That means it's time for a completely biased and in-no-way-even-remotely-objective assessment of Windows 10."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Sysadmin Day 2015: Fun things to do – and prizes to win from El Reg @ The Register
- Russian hackers use Hammertoss and Twitter in backdoor malware scam @ The Inquirer
- PC replacement pushed by Windows 10 may come slowly, say Taiwan makers @ DigiTimes
- MORE Windows 10 bugs! Too many Start menu apps BREAK it @ The Register
- Windows 10 @ The Inquirer
- Windows 10 launch seems like the start of something exciting @ Kitguru