As has happened recently with Dropbox, Box and Apple iCloud, Google Drive has adopted the Microsoft Office API which was released not to long ago, bringing Office Suite compatibility to their cloud. As anyone who has actually tried it knows, the compatibility between Google's applications and Microsoft's Office Suite was more theory than fact. This new plug-in will allow you to save Office files on your Google Drive and open and edit them from within your browser, as long as you are not using the Office 2016 preview which is not compatible. If this interests you then follow the links from The Inquirer to learn more.
"GOOGLE HAS BECOME the latest big player to integrate with rival Microsoft's Office suite."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- How Two Bored 1970s Housewives Helped Create the PC Industry @ Slashdot
- Hacking Team's RCS Android May Be the Most Sophisticated Android Malware Ever Exposed @ Slashdot
- 10 Things to Do After Installing Linux Mint 17.2 @ Linux.com
- Microsoft has RECORD quarter, in a BAD way – Sad Nad slashes phone biz @ The Register
- Microsoft open sources software-defined radio code @ The Inquirer
- Are You Ready For Windows 10? @ Tech ARP
- AKRACING AK-6014 Black/Blue Gaming Chair Review @HiTech Legion