Morry offered you a preveiw of the ASUS Z170 Deluxe and now [H]ard|OCP have posted their opinion of the new motherboard. One new feature you might not have realized was incorporated on this board involves the 5 fan headers, all are 4-pin PWM and can be controlled in the UEFI BIOS. As well there is a dedicated waterpump header that is defaulted to full power, another handy new feature. The plastic shrouds are striking and will make this board popular with modders and those with glass cases who like to show off. During their testing [H] tried to push their i7-6700k past 4.7GHz but could not do so, they will be looking to source additional chips to see what difference, if any, exists.
"Today we review ASUS’ new Z170-Deluxe which is based on the new Intel Z170 Chipset supporting Skylake processors. We overclock Skylake and push the Z170-Deluxe to its limits. We find out about this solid new motherboard platform and we have to say we come away impressed."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- MSI Z170A Gaming M7 Review @ OCC
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ @ Kitguru
- MSI Z170A GAMING M7 @ eTeknix
- ASUS Z170-A Skylake Motherboard Review @ Hardware Canucks
- MSI Z170A GAMING M7 @ TechPowerUp
- Intel Z170 Chipset Summary @ [H]ard|OCP
- GIGABYTE X99-SLI LGA 2011v3 @ [H]ard|OCP
- Biostar N3150NH Mini-ITX Motherboard @ Modders-Inc
- MSi 970A SLI Krait Edition @ eTeknix