By now you have read through Ryan's review of the new i7-6700 and the ASUS Z170-A as well as the related videos and testing, if not we will wait for you to flog yourself in punishment and finish reading the source material. Now that you are ready, take a look at what some of the other sites thought about the new Skylake chip and Sunrise Point chipset. For instance [H]ard|OCP managed to beat Ryan's best overclock, hitting 4.7GHz/3600MHz at 1.32v vCore with some toasty but acceptable CPU temperatures. The full review is worth looking for and if some of the rumours going around are true you should take H's advice, if you think you want one buy it now.
"Today we finally get to share with you our Intel Skylake experiences. As we like to, we are going to focus on Instructions Per Clock / IPC and overclocking this new CPU architecture. We hope to give our readers a definitive answer to whether or not it is time to make the jump to a new desktop PC platform."
Here are some more Processor articles from around the web:
- Intel's Core i7-6700K 'Skylake' @ The Tech Report
- Asus' Z170-A motherboard @ The Tech Report
- Intel Core i7-6700K & i5-6600K Skylake CPU @ Kitguru
- Asus Maximus VIII Hero @ Kitguru
- A Preview Of Intel’s First Skylake Processors & Z107 Chipset @ Techgage
- Intel Core I7 6700K Review, Skylake is Falling! @ Bjorn3d
- Intel 6th Generation Core i7 6700K Review @ OCC