Crono Labs of Galway, Ireland is a startup that hopes to “declutter your desk” with their C1 Computer Case, a unique enclosure that allows you to mount a VESA compliant monitor to the case itself, creating your own all-in-one system.
The C1 is a slim micro-ATX enclosure with support for standard ATX power supplies and graphics cards up to 10.5”, and it sits on a stand that looks like that of a standard monitor.
Here’s a list of compatible components from Crono Labs:
- mATX or ITX motherboard
- ATX PSU
- Two 3.5″ drives
- Two 2.5″ drives
- GPU’s up to 10.5″
- Low profile CPU coolers
- Four 120mm fans
- Water Cooling: 1X 120mm cooler and 1X 240mm cooler can be used, at the same time. Water coolers will not fit if an mATX motherboard is used
The Indiegogo page is now up, and with a modest goal of $2000 they hope to create their initial prototypes before moving to the next phase of funding for production. It’s an interesting concept, and it looks like they have thought this design through with some nice touches:
- A short VGA, HDMI and branching power cable come with the case for reduced cable clutter. Less mess, less stress.
- Rotated motherboard points the IO ports downwards for tidier cables. The motherboard is also raised up into the case to allow cables to go beneath it.
- Carry handle makes transporting the case easy, from desk to desk or room to room.
- The case has a very small footprint, leaving you with a much more pleasing work area, for all that important stuff you do.
The idea of creating a portable all-in-one type system is appealing for the space-constrained or for LAN gaming, and the ability to use full-sized components would allow for a more powerful, and lower cost, build. What do you think of this design?