With Black Hat in full swing anyone with even half a mind on their systems security is already depressed and likely to be even more so by the wrap up. That is why you should all stare at this 3D printed, Arduino powered elastic band turret. At the very least it should cheer you up and at best get you downloading the Thing Files to start printing your own. The full load of 24 rubbers can be launched in a very short time, either automatically if you program the Arduino appropriately or manually with an optional joystick. Head on over to MAKE:Blog to see this new step in desk defence.
"Looking like it would fit in perfectly in the smash hit game Portal, this little turret can launch a barrage of rubber bands on command. Designed by Kevin Thomas, this perky little gatling gun is mostly 3D printed, with an Arduino for a brain."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- At Black Hat: Square Reader To Credit Card Skimmer In 10 Minutes @ Slashdot
- Biggest security update in history coming up: Google patches Android hijack bug Stagefright @ The Register
- Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive users at risk from 'man-in-the-cloud' attacks @ The Inquirer
- Red Hat prepares for the IoT revolution @ The Inquirer
- Planar NAND Development Ends After 26 Years @ Slashdot