Thankfully a lineup will not be the problem as you will only be able to upgrade to a hero ship by locating a specific power-up present on the map, one hopes there is some randomness to this as otherwise both teams are likely to ignore each other as they battle their teammates to get to the power-up first. There will be two main ship types, the X-Wing and TIE Fighters which have traditionally been the dogfighters and are likely to focus on energy weaponry with limited missile capability. The TIE Interceptor and A-Wing are traditionally faster vehicles intended for scouting or rapid assaults using the A-Wing's concussion missile or the additional laser cannons present on the Interceptor.
According to the links from Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN the rebels will be able to temporarily generate shielding while the Imps will have what is effectively a turbo boost which should vary the tactics used depending on which team you play. Check out the trailer below for a teaser.
"Twenty players will soar through the skies shouting “Zwap! Zwap!” and making noises like a trumpeting elephant driving a car on wet pavement (true story) in Star Wars Battlefront, backed up by more AI ships, in the newly-announced Fighter Squadron mode."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Ten Minutes Of Waaagh: Total War – Warhammer In-Game Footage @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Shadow of Mordor Performance: Windows 10 vs. Ubuntu Linux @ Phoronix
- Benchmarking Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor On Linux @ Phoronix
- Endless Space 2 Announced, First Trailer Released @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Steam survey shows Windows 10 usage is double Linux usage @ HEXUS
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Has A Real Nice Tree Sculpture @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- We've played Dark Souls 3 @ Polygon
I smell Battlefield 4 re-skin
I smell Battlefield 4 re-skin with old bugs being reintroduced. Will wait for reviews. Preorder days are over.
How about a remake of TIE
How about a remake of TIE Fighter with all the complex controls, resource monitoring, hidden agendas, secrets, exploration and all that? I’d love to see that game get a proper remake… as long as it isn’t EA.