Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The Corsair RM850x power supply exhibited excellent voltage regulation with outstanding AC ripple suppression, even at full load. The power supply features a good assortment of all modular cables and delivers very good efficiency, easily meeting the 80Plus Gold criteria. The RM850x PSU incorporates a Zero RPM silent cooling mode (up to ~40% load) and continues to operate quietly even as the load increases, thanks to the Corsair designed cooling fan that features rifle bearings and custom designed fan blades. The PSU incorporates a full suite of safety circuits and is backed by Corsair’s 7-year warranty.
Overall, the new RM850x proved to be an excellent power supply (great performance, high efficiency, and quiet operation). And Corsair was able to lower the price $10 (as compared with the RMi Series) by eliminating the Corsair Link interface. It’s really hard to find anything to complain about; but when pushed I would prefer to see some dedicated PCI-E cables supplying a single connector instead of having two connectors on the end of each PCI-E cable.
The new Corsair RM850x power supplies should start entering retail channels in the near future.
• MSRP for the RM550x PSU: $109.99 USD
• MSRP for the RM650x PSU: $119.99 USD
• MSRP for the RM750x PSU: $129.99 USD
• MSRP for the RM850x PSU: $149.99 USD
• MSRP for the RM1000x PSU: $179.99 USD
• Very quiet operation: zero RPM mode up to ~40% load
• 7-Year Warranty and Comprehensive Customer Support
• 80 PLUS Gold certified, with at least 90% efficiency at 50% load
• Excellent voltage regulation (±2%)
• Stable power (up to 50°C) with very low AC ripple and noise
• Fully modular cables for easy installation and to improve airflow
• High quality components including all Japanese electrolytic capacitors
• Active Power Factor correction (0.99) with Universal AC input
• Safety Protections : OCP, OVP, UVP, SCP, OTP, and OPP
• Two connectors on each PCI-E cable
Corsair RM850x Fully Modular 850W Power Supply
Our thanks to Corsair for sending us the RM850x PSU to review!