ASUS has announced the Republic of Gamers ROG G752, their newest gaming notebook featuring 6th-gen Intel Core i7 mobile processors and graphics cards ranging from the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M to the GTX 980M. The notebook also features NVIDIA's G-SYNC technology for its 17.3-inch matte IPS panel across the three available versions.
ASUS is also advertising the laptop's brand new cooling system, a "3D Vapor Chamber" design:
Temperature uniformity vapor chambers are commonly found alongside high-performance, high-voltage graphics cards to increase cooling efficiency. The ROG-exclusive mobile 3D Vapor Chamber, together with the copper heat pipe, create an effective and efficient cooling system that helps improve GPU performance for smooth and stable gaming. ROG G752 is the world’s first laptop to integrate a vapor chamber into its cooling system.
The ROG G752 offers a new physical design and the new Titanium and Plasma Copper color scheme from ASUS, and in addition to the new cooling system the notebooks are equipped with a new "ergonomically-designed" keyboard that features 2.5mm key-travel distance as well as anti-ghosting with 30-key rollover.
Here are the full specifications:
- Processor: 6th-generation Intel Core i7 (Skylake) processor
- Chipset: Mobile Intel CM236
- Memory: DDR4 2133MHz (upgradable to 64GB)
- Display: ROG G752VL / ROG G752VT / ROG G752VY – 17.3in anti-glare FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS LED backlit with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Graphics card:
- ROG G752VL – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM
- ROG G52VT – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M with 3GB / 6GB GDDR5 VRAM
- ROG G752VY – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M with 4GB / 8GB GDDR5 VRAM
- ROG G752VL – 2.5in SATA 2TB (5400 rpm); 2.5in SATA 1TB (7200 rpm); M.2 PCIe X4 NVME 256GB/128GB SSD
- ROG G752VT/ ROG G752VY – 2.5in SATA 2TB (5400 rpm); 2.5in SATA 1TB (7200 rpm); M.2 PCIe X4 NVME 512GB/256GB/128GB SSD
- Optical drive: DVD Super-Multi / Blu-ray Combo / Blu-ray writer
- Camera: Built-in HD camera with array mic
- Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 10 Professional
- Size: ROG G752VL / ROG G752VT: 428 x 334 x 23 ~ 43mm; ROG G752VY: 428 x 334 x 23 ~ 53mm
- Weight: ROG G752VL / ROG G752VT: 4.06kg (with a 6-cell battery); ROG G752VY: 4.36kg (with a 8-cell battery)
Pricing and availability were not announced, but expect to see the new ROG G752 laptops in the retail channel soon.