Have you tried to play the original Deus Ex in the past few years only to find the resolution and overall quality of the textures so painful that you stopped after the first mission? Have you though about doing it but never quite managed to start it up? Perhaps this new revamp of the game will change your opinion, with all new assets, music and graphics tweaks. Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN would like you to know about Deus Ex: Revision, a mod available on Steam for those who own the game which brings new life to the old classic. Thanks to the Stealth Sale the GotY version is a steep $1.55(ish) on Steam, so pick it up and see if this update is enough to convince you to replay or to introduce you for the first time to the game which was significantly better designed than its sequel.
"Deus Ex: Revision [official site] is a project that overhauls “the environments and soundtrack” of Ion Storm’s classic, and it’s out now on Steam. The release has the backing of Deus Ex’s current publishers and developers (Square Enix and Eidos Montreal), and is designed to work exclusively with the Steam release of the original."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Fancy Fancy – Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut Is Out @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Homeworld: Shipbreakers Clip Shows Big Battles @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Noughty by nature: Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Rock Band 4 @ The Register
- Deus Ex Mankind Divided Hands On: “All Signs Suggest It’s An Improvement On Its Predecessor In Every Way” @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Premature Evaluation: Angels Fall First @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Review @ OCC
- Over 9 million people took part in the Star Wars: Battlefront beta @ HEXUS
- Arma 3 Roadmap Outlines Coming Updates & Expansion @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN