Corsair has introduced their new Katar gaming mouse, designed with input from professional gamers and boasting an 8000 DPI optical sensor and 1000 Hz polling rate. And the Katar also features an ambidextrous design and a retail of just $39.99.
Not many gaming mice are geared towards both right and left-handed players, and Corsair’s compact Katar mouse is also very lightweight – which may not be everyone’s preference, but still a feature for longer sessions.
“Katar’s compact and ultra-lightweight 85g ambidextrous design makes it supremely comfortable to play with all day, whether you’re left or right-handed, and its rubber side grips mean gamers always have a firm hold, no matter how intense the action gets.”
The mouse also features “Pro Player Mode”, which Corsair explains “allows gamers to take advantage of pre-configured performance and tuning settings used by the world’s top players”. There are also 4 programmable buttons and on-the-fly DPI tuning on top of the 1000 Hz polling rate and 8000 DPI sensor, making this seem like a very capable little gaming mouse.
Here are the specifications from Corsair:
- Designed for winning: Created with the help of top pro-gaming teams around the world.
- Pro player mode: Get up to speed with preconfigured performance and tuning settings customized by the world’s top players.
- Compact, ultra-light weight design: At just 85 grams, it can help you react more quickly and reduce fatigue.
- 8,000 DPI optical sensor: Extreme accuracy for FPS and MOBA gaming.
- Zero lag interface: 1,000Hz polling rate pushes the limits of the USB protocol.
- Ambidextrous Shape: Optimized textured rubber sides grips for left and right handed players.
- Four programmable buttons: Take control with extensive customization — anything from simple remaps to complex macros.
- On-the-fly DPI tuning: Instantly adapt your mouse speed to the situation for total command of any environment
- MSRP: $39.99
More information is available at Corsair’s product page, and the Katar will be available for purchase in November. Corsair has a pre-order page up here, and Newegg already has a product page up, with availability listed as November 16.