Introduction and Features
DPS G Series includes an embedded processor to enable SPM monitoring software.
Thermaltake is expanding their Digital Power Supply (DPS) lineup with the introduction of the new Toughpower DPS G Series, which includes six models ranging from 450W up to 1050W. We will be taking a detailed look at the Toughpower DPS G 850W PSU in this review. Note: the new DPS G Series is a new line and is different than the Toughpower DPS 750W/850W/1050W models, which use the basic DPS App software. All DPS G Series power supplies support Thermaltakes new comprehensive suite of Smart Power Management (SPM) software. Thermaltake has also introduced four DPS G power supplies in their Smart Series, the Smart DPS G 600W/650W/700W/750W
Thermaltake’s new DPS G Series power supplies incorporate an embedded digital controller, which enables them to communicate with the Smart Power Management software to monitor and record various functions of the PC and power supply. Some of Thermaltakes competition (notably Corsair) has offered “digital” power supplies for some time. Even though Thermaltake may be coming a little late to the party, they appear to have done their homework and continue to expand the software, which now includes a full suite of digital monitoring, recording and analysis software to support the Toughpower DPS G Series power supplies.
(Courtesy of Thermaltake)
The Toughpower DPS G 850W power supply features fully modular, flat-ribbon style cables, 80 Plus Gold certification for high efficiency, is Haswell and ErP Lot ready, and supports multiple graphic adapters with six PCI-E connectors.
Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G 850W PSU Key Features:
• 850W continuous DC output (up to 50°C)
• Embedded digital controller communicates with Thermaltake’s SPM software
• 80 PLUS Gold certified, at least 90% efficiency under 50% load
• Fully modular cables for easy installation
• Flat ribbon-style, low profile cables for a clean installation
• Single high-current +12V output (70.8A/249.7W)
• Dual ball bearing 140mm fan for reliability and long life
• High-quality Japanese made electrolytic capacitors (105°C)
• ErP Lot and Haswell ready
• NVIDIA SLI ready with six 6+2 pin PCI-E connectors
• Active Power Factor correction (0.99) with Universal AC input
• Safety Protections : OVP, UVP, SCP, and OPP
• 7-Year Warranty
• MSRP for the Toughpower DPS G 850W: $199.99 USD