Introduction and Features
A very quiet high-end case with excellent cooling.
Be Quiet! is a well-respected brand, particularly in Europe, for PC power supplies and they are continuing to expand their product offering to include high-end ATX mid-tower enclosures. Be Quiet! introduced the Silent Base 800 mid-tower case last year and they have released the Silent Base 600 mid-tower case in 2015. As you might expect, the Silent Base Series is designed for very quiet operation while still offering excellent performance and cooling. We will be taking a detailed look at the new Silent Base 600 Window enclosure in this review.
The Be Quiet! Silent Base 600 ATX Mid-Tower enclosure isn’t quite as tall as the Silent Base 800 (2.5” shorter). It comes in three different color schemes (Black/Black, Orange/Black, and Siler/Black) like the 800 and is available with or without a side window. Our review sample is the black-on-black model with a window.
The Silent Base Series is targeted towards users looking to build a quiet high-end gaming or multimedia system. The Silent Base 600 comes with two Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans (140mm intake and 120mm exhaust) pre-installed along with numerous options that support additional fans or liquid cooling if desired.
“The Be Quiet! Silent Base 600 offers the perfect symbiosis of noise prevention and cooling performance, good usability, and an extensive capacity for high-end hardware.”
Be Quiet! Silent Base 600 Mid-Tower Case Key Features:
• Mid-Tower ATX enclosure available in three different color schemes (with or without a side window)
• Supports ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX motherboards
• Innovative construction assures excellent cooling efficiency and air circulation
• Easily removed dust filters on front and bottom panels
• Sound dampening mats used on front panel and both side panels
• Anti-vibration decoupling provided for fans, HDDs and power supply
• Double-glazed side panel window provides superb soundproofing
• Two included Pure Wings 2 fans (140mm intake and 120mm exhaust)
• Three-speed fan control switch
• Removable top panel, with top fan mounts pre-drilled for dual 120mm or 140mm fans
• Excellent cooling and low noise levels with up to six fan mounting locations
• Front: 140mm fan included (upgradable to dual 120mm or 140mm)
• Top: Dual 120mm or 140mm
• Rear: 120mm fan included
• Bottom: 120mm or 140mm
• (2) USB 3.0, (2) USB 2.0 and audio jacks on the front panel
• Three internal 3.5” hard drive bays
• Three internal 2.5” SSD mounting locations
• Three external 5.25” drive bays
• Tool-free mounting for all 3.5”/2.5” internal drives
• Up to 294mm (11.6”) clearance for graphic cards
• Up to 413mm (16.3”) for long graphic cards (with HDD cage removed)
• Up to 170mm (6.7”) of space for CPU coolers
• MSRP: $119.99 USD ($109.99 without side window)
(Courtesy of Be Quiet!)
The Silent Base 600 mid-tower case features sound absorption material on the inside of the front door panel and both removable side panels for quiet operation.