If you are using a motherboard with very little clearance between the CPU socket and the DIMM slots then you have to choose your CPU cooler with care. Enermax has designed a cooler specifically for those motherboards, the ETS-T40Fit-RF which is 140x67x165.5mm (5.5×2.6×6.5") which should be thin enough for even the tightest of spaces. [H]ard|OCP tested the coolers performance and were not particularly impressed by the cooling ability, however the cooler is very quiet and at $45 it is a decent choice for a low cost system which will be situated in a place where quiet performance is needed. Check out their full review here.
"Enermax is back again today with a new CPU air cooler that looks to conquer size and noise once again. Enermax calls this a "Compact side flow air cooler for 100% RAM compatibility." Does a fan size bigger than the heatsink surfaces and its "side flow air" give us better performance than those we have seen previously?"
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 Magnetic LED Strip Review: Modding Made Even Easier at Modders-Inc
- Noctua NH-L9x65 Low-Profile CPU Cooler Review @ NikKTech
- EKWB Predator 240 AIO Review @ Hardware Canucks
- In Win 503 @ techPowerUp
- Akasa MAX MT Fanless NUC Chassis @ eTeknix
- anidees AI6v2 @ techPowerUp
- Streacom FC5 Alpha Fanless Chassis Review @ Madshrimps
- NZXT S340 By Razer @ Benchmark Reviews