Final Thoughts and Conclusions
Both the SuperNOVA 650W P2 and 750W P2 power supplies exhibited excellent voltage regulation on all of the DC outputs with outstanding AC ripple and noise suppression. The power supplies feature a good assortment of all modular cables and deliver very good efficiency, meeting the 80Plus Platinum criteria. The only caveat here is that both power supplies struggled a little to meet the Platinum certification criteria while operating on 115 VAC and at elevated temperatures. However, this is not a big deal as the 80 Plus Org certification tests are conducted at room temperature (25°C) and our tests are conducted at elevated temperatures (up to 40°C). Efficiency typically decreases as the temperature increases.
The 650W P2 and 750W P2 PSUs incorporate EVGA’s ECO Intelligent Thermal Control System, which allows the power supplies to operate in silent, fan-less mode at low to mid power levels. During our testing the two P2 power supplies were virtually silent up to mid-power range, even with the ECO fan-less mode turned off.
And last but not least, the new SuperNOVA P2 power supplies are backed by EVGA’s 10-year warranty!
All three of the new EVGA SuperNOVA P2 Platinum power supplies are currently available.
• 650 P2 PSU : $119.99 USD (newegg.com November, 2015)
• 750 P2 PSU : $139.99 USD (newegg.com November, 2015)
• 850 P2 PSU : $179.99 USD (newegg.com November, 2015)
• 650W, 750W and 850W of Continuous DC output at up to 50°C
• Excellent assortment of fully modular cables (flat ribbon-style)
• 80 PLUS Platinum certified, with up to 92% efficiency
• Very clean DC outputs (low AC ripple and noise)
• Tight voltage regulation (±1%) on the three primary outputs
• Very quiet 140mm cooling fan
• ECO Intelligent Thermal Control allows silent, fan-less operation at low to mid power
• NVIDIA SLI & AMD Crossfire Ready
• All Japanese made capacitors for long life and reliability
• 10-Year warranty
• Doesn't support EVGA's SuperNOVA monitoring software
• Struggled to meet Platinum efficiency at 115 VAC and elevated temperatures
EVGA SuperNOVA 650W P2 and 750W P2 Platinum Power Supplies
Our thanks to EVGA for sending us the 650P2 and 750P2 PSUs to review – thanks!