If you backed the Kickstarter then you have had a chance to watch Hard West evolve from a single silent map to the recent update which added significant content and changed the beginning of the game significantly. You are a dead gunslinger, brought back to an undead state in a western setting which incorporates not only natives and townsfolk but dark supernatural creatures and powers as well. The game plays like the recent XCOM releases, with a similar turn style and cover system but also incorporates unique features such as the ability to ricochet bullets of some items on the map to shoot around corners and a shadow system designed to give you hints about who might be standing around a corner.
Nighttime changes the game dramatically and the optional permanent injury system is the exact opposite of the recent Warhammer games, severely injured members your posse will suffer negatives in the short term but possibly gaining strength once their wounds have fully healed. You can see what Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN thought of the game here or just pick it up on Steam for $22.
"“Wild West XCOM” is about as good an elevator pitch as you could wish for. After a short delay, as of today we can find out whether Hard West can possibly live up to its glorious high concept. I played an earlier build a few weeks back – some thoughts, plus a launch trailer, below."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Fallout 4: 15 Important Things It Doesn’t Tell You About @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- AMD announces Radeon R9 Fury Star Wars: Battlefront bundle @ HEXUS
- WH40K: Dawn of War’s Witch Hunters Mod Is Finally Out @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Mordheim: City Of The Damned Preparing For Launch @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Pillars of Eternity: White March – Part 2 Coming January @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Battlefield 4 ‘Dragon Valley’ Remake Coming Free Soon @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN