Computer component manufacturers often diversify their offerings to stay competitive, but it's still surprising to see Lian Li enter the CPU cooling market – and with a water block, no less!
The CB-01 is the company's first water block, and it features support for all current sockets from Intel and AMD. Lian Li is emphasizing style and build quality with the new block, which adds support for LED lighting as well.
“The cold plate has a heart of solid copper in a nickel coating and a final layer of tin-cobalt for extra cooling, durability, and corrosion resistance. The top is a translucent acrylic block that visibly guides the cooling waters through the microchannels. The simple yet sturdy mounting fits virtually all modern and past motherboard sockets securely. For a bit of flare, there are holes pre-drilled for 5mm LED lights.”
CB-01 Features (from Lian Li):
- Lian Li style and craftsmanship in a CPU water block
- Copper heat sink with nickel and tin-cobalt plating
- G1/4” thread size
- Cold plate area 60×60mm
- Thinly cut microchannel with area of 32.2×27.3mm
- Supports all Intel sockets: LGA 1366/2011/1155/1156/775
- Supports AMD sockets: AM2+/AM3/AM3+/FM1/FM2
- 5mm LED mounting
Availability is listed as “coming soon”, and no MSRP was announced.