This has been a huge year for SSDs with a variety of new technologies and form factors to keep track of, not to mention the wide variety of vendors now shipping SSDs with a plethora of controllers embedded within. [H]ard|OCP has put together a guide to help you translate these acronyms into a form that will help you to make an informed buying decision. You may already understand what NVMe offers or when 3D XPoint flash is the correct solution but have you memorized what U.2 A, B, E, and M connectors look like. For information on those and more check out their article and consider bookmarking it for future reference.
"Since our last SSD update article, the last 7 months have seen no shortage of exciting announcements, and the enthusiast market has rapidly evolved in both positive and confusing ways. Let’s get up to speed on U.2, NVMe, 3D XPoint, M&A, and the rest of the buzzword soup that make up this market."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Crucial BX200 960GB & 480GB SSD Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Crucial BX200 @ The SSD Review
- QNAP TS-251 High-Performance 2-Bay Prosumer NAS @ eTeknix
- QNAP TS-453 Pro @ Kitguru
- QNAP TS-563 5-bay Affordable Quad-Core Business NAS Review @ Madshrimps
- Asustor AS6202T @ Legion Hardware
- Seagate Backup Plus 4TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive Review @ NikKTech
- 4 TB Western Digital Blue Solid State Hybrid Drive @ Tech ARP
- WD Purple 6TB Surveillance Hard Drive @ eTeknix
- WD Purple 6TB Surveillance Hard Drive RAID @ eTeknix