If you are under the age of 30 then this post will be lost on you but for those of us conscious, or at least semi-conscious of the heady times which were the 90's there was an Aussie show called Beyond 2000 (or Towards 2000) which was picked up by Discovery Channel back when before it became a reality show channel. They tried to predict the technologies which would be commonplace in the new millennium and was very interesting to those of us interested in technology. Of course, like all other shows which try to predict the future, looking back on them from 20 years into the future is cringe-worthy and more than a little amusing. Grab a beverage and a snack and check out the shows predictions on wearable tech and fashion over at MAKE:Blog. Then feel shame at how cool you thought these were back in the 90's.
"This segment on wearable computing is from a 1992 episode of the Australian tech futurism show Beyond 2000 (and replayed in the states on the Discovery Channel for those of you that remember). It starts with a fashion show (like you do) featuring a number of wearable computing devices designed by Hideki Takamasa of Japanese company NEC."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Backwards Compatibility For Xbox One Launches @ Slashdot
- Pause Patch Tuesday downloads, buggy code can kill Outlook @ The Register
- Windows 10 Privacy – Everything You Need to Know @ Hardware Secrets
- Roamers rejoice! Google Maps gets offline regional navigation @ The Register
- Repairing A Broken Bootloader Or Master Boot Record In Windows 7, 8, And 10 @ Techgage