The Thermaltake Grand series has been around for quite some time and has just been refreshed with a new model and a new price. The PSU has a single 12V rail, capable of delivering 100% of the wattage at 100A which makes sense for a kilowatt class PSU which has eight 6+2 PCIe connectors. It is rated at 80 Plus Gold which [H]ard|OCP's testing showed was essentially accurate, their test bed just snuck under the rating at 100% load. With a 7 year warranty and a $240 price tag it is right in the middle of the pack for PSUs of this power, not perfect but certainly OK.
If you don't need a 1000+ watt PSU then you should revist Lee's review of the Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G 850W PSU.
"Thermaltake is back with a new 1200 watt fully modular PSU. We have used Thermaltake power supplies on our test bench literally for years with excellent results. However the Toughpower line has not always been the best value out there, but today we see a 1200 watt PSU with revised pricing."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G 650W @ [H]ard|OCP
- Thermaltake ToughPower Grand Platinum 850W Power Supply Unit Review @ NikKTech
- Zalman ZM1000-EBT 1000 W @ techPowerUp
- EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2 @ Kitguru
- EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 @ techPowerUp
- Chieftec SFX 500GD-C 500w @ eTeknix