Crytek announced their designed for Oculus game yesterday, The Climb. As you might infer from the title of the game you will be scaling cliffs and mountains using either an Xbox One controller or Oculus Touch with your Oculus to experience something that would not be anywhere near as interesting on a computer monitor. The disembodied hands are a little disturbing, though perhaps not as much as the heights will be for those who suffer from vertigo, though perhaps this would be an interesting way to try to conquer your fears. The video below shows off the graphics, though not as immersive as it would be in VR it still looks rather interesting. Many developers are looking to space sims to be the killer app for Oculus, for instance EVE Valkyrie come as part of the pre-order bundle shipped with the first consumer model.
Crytek might have just found the other style of game to interest people in the Oculus, extreme sports could be very compelling with the new VR headset.
"The Climb invites thrill-seekers to experience the ultimate in extreme sports by going beyond the point of no return and scaling deadly cliff faces unaided. The game boasts hyper-realistic climbing locations from around the world, and players will discover the freedom of gaming with the Rift using either an Xbox One controller or Oculus Touch controllers as they soak up their awe-inspiring surroundings."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- System Shock 3 Formally Announced Oh Gosh It Is Real @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Mix-And-Match Murder In Fallout 4 Weapon Mods Mod @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Enchanting puzzle platformer Unravel available from 9th Feb @ HEXUS
- Let’s Spin Again: Tribes Ascend V1.1 Released @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- DICE director confirms 'the next Battlefield' is in development @ HEXUS
- RPS Feature Hidden and dangerous XCOM 2’s Concealment Mechanic Changes Everything @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- NVIDIA vs. AMD Linux Performance For GRID Autosport @ Phoronix