Final Thoughts and Conclusions
SilverStone’s new Strider Platinum Series currently includes three models ranging from 550W to 750W and is positioned near the top of their product offerings. One of the Platinum series most unique features is the compact chassis measuring only 140mm (5.5”) deep; not bad for a 750W ATX PSU. It also features all-modular cabling, incorporates a quiet cooling fan, and is capable of running in silent fanless mode at low power levels (less than 20% load).
Voltage regulation is very good, especially on the three main DC outputs, which stayed easily within SilverStone’s claimed ±3% range . AC ripple and noise suppression is also very good. The ST75F-PT comes with a basic assortment of all-modular, ribbon-style cables with one ATX12V 4+4 pin/EPS 8-pin, and four PCI-E connectors for multiple graphic card support. The power supply is silent at low power levels and remains quiet through mid-power operation.
Some users may be looking for a second 8-pin EPS cable/connector or six PCI-E connectors instead of the basic four that the 750W model offers.
Bottom line, both new SilverStone Platinum Series power supplies delivered very good performance from a compact ATX chassis and are worthy to be considered for your next build.
SilverStone ST55F-PT (550W): $109.99 USD
SilverStone ST65F-PT (650W): $124.99 USD
SilverStone ST75F-PT (750W): $144.99 USD
• Up to 750W continuous DC output
• Compact enclosure measures only 140mm (5.5”) deep
• Very good efficiency (80 Plus Platinum certified)
• Very good voltage regulation on main DC outputs (±3% confirmed)
• Clean DC outputs with low AC ripple/noise
• Very quiet operation at low to mid power (silent below 20%)
• All-modular cable design with flat ribbon-style cables
• 5-Year warranty
• Basic cable set (no extra 8-pin EPS or PCI-E connectors if you need them)
SilverStone Strider Platinum Series 750W Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at SilverStone for sending us the new Platinum Series PSUs to review.
08/12/2016 Edit: SilverStone has increased the warranty on the Strider Platinum Series from 3-years to 5-years.