CES is not just about the type of technology we focus on here at PCPer, amongst the hordes of emails arriving are wallets, sleep trackers, automobile toys and even a Bluetooth enabled Kegel exerciser from OhMiBod. Instead of focussing on that side of CES, Hack a Day has been keeping track of the 3D Printer announcements from MakerBot, Ultimaker, Lulzbot and XYZprinting. The announcements range from XYZprinting's $500 da Vinci to the new 3D Systems direct metal 3D printer which allows you to create much sturdier designs than with extruded polymers. Head over to see the various new printers and extruder heads.
"CES, the Consumer Electronics Show, is in full swing. That means the Hackaday tip line is filled to the brim with uninteresting press releases, and notices that companies from the world over will be at CES."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- WiFi Alliance Introduces 802.11ah @ Hack a Day
- 2015 Embedded Linux Trends in Mobile, Hacker Boards, and IoT @ Linux.com
- Intel-based Daqri smart helmet is the future of work, apparently @ The Inquirer
- CES 2016: Samsung Galaxy TabPro S is the company's first Windows 10 tablet @ The Inquirer
- Seagate's new drives are so shiny, we should call them … bling buffers @ The Register
- Intel, Warner lock horns with hardware biz over HDCP crypto-busters @ The Register
- Cisco Jabbers in the clear due to STARTTLS bug @ The Register
- Here's your Linux-booting PS4, says fail0verflow @ The Register
- Microsoft's 200 million 'Windows 10' 'devices' include Lumias, Xboxes @ The Register
- Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10 Reach End-of-Life Next Week @ Slashdot