Introduction and Features
Great performance and very quiet.
As you might expect, be quiet! is focused on virtually silent power supplies and they continue to be one of the top selling brands in Europe. The Dark Power Pro 11 Series occupies the top tier in be quiets!’s PC power supply lineup. All of the Dark Power Pro 11 models are certified for high efficiency (80 Plus Platinum) and come with modular cables. In this review we will be taking a detailed look at the be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1,000W power supply with Cable Management. There are six power supplies in the Dark Power Pro 11 CM Series, which include 550W, 650W, 750W, 850W, 1000W and 1200W models.
be quiet! designed the Dark Power Pro 11 CM Series to provide high efficiency with minimal noise for systems that demand whisper-quiet operation without compromising on power quality. In addition to the Dark Power Pro 11 Series, be quiet! offers a full range of power supplies in ATX, SFX, and TFX form factors.
(Courtesy of be quiet!)
All of the Dark Power Pro 11 Cable Management Series power supplies are semi-modular (all cables are modular except for the fixed 24-pin ATX cable). Along with 80 Plus Platinum certified high efficiency and quiet operation, the Dark Power Pro 11 1,000W modular power supply features an overclocking key to select between multi-rail and single rail +12V outputs. The power supply uses be quiet!’s latest SilentWings3 135mm fan for virtually silent operation. The fan speed starts out very slow and remains slow and quiet through mid power levels. And the Dark Power Pro 11 power supplies allow connecting up to four case fans, whose speed will be controlled by the PSU.
be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1,000W CM PSU Key Features:
• 1,000W continuous DC output (ATX12V v2.4, EPS 2.92 compliant)
• Virtually inaudible SilentWings3 135mm cooling fan
• 80 PLUS Platinum certified efficiency (up to 94%)
• Premium 105°C rated parts enhance stability and reliability
• Powerful GPU support with nine PCI-E connectors
• User-friendly cable management reduces clutter and improves airflow
• NVIDIA SLI Ready and AMD CrossFire X certified
• ErP 2014 ready and meets Energy Star 6.0 guidelines
• Zero load design supports Intel’s Deep Power Down C6 & C7 modes
• Fully Intel Haswell compatible
• Active Power Factor correction (0.99) with Universal AC input
• German product conception, design and quality control
• Safety Protections : OCP, OVP, UVP, SCP, OTP, and OPP
• 5-Year warranty
• MSRP for the Dark Power Pro 11 1,000W CM PSU: $239.00 USD
Here is what be quiet! has to say about the Dark Power Pro 11 1,000W PSU: It is a fact of the modern world that high technology requires constant refinement and unending improvement – and that is even truer for those who would be leaders. Dark Power Pro power supplies are renowned as the world’s quietest and most efficient high-performance PSUs. The Dark Power Pro 11 1,000W model takes that a step further with a power conversion topology that delivers 80Plus Platinum performance, add to that an unparalleled array of enhancements that augment this unit’s compatibility, convenience of use, reliability, and safety, and the result is the most technologically-advanced power supply be quiet! has ever built.”
Why it is that one have to
Why it is that one have to choose semi-passive or integrated fan control? Is it that hard to have both?
The cables absolutely ruin
The cables absolutely ruin it… #BobRossRuined !!