Introduction and Features
A quiet high-end case with excellent cooling.
Earlier this year we took a detailed look at the Silent Base 600 and found it to be a full-featured mid-tower enclosure that focuses on quiet, virtually silent operation, while at the same time delivering excellent cooling performance, usability and support for high-end hardware. Be Quiet! introduced the Silent Base 800 mid-tower case well over a year ago and later released the Silent Base 600 mid-tower case in 2015. The two cases are functionally very similar with only a few minor changes differentiating the two. Because the two cases are so similar, we are going to highlight the Silent Base 800’s features and specifications and then point out the main differences using the Silent Base 600 as a reference.
Be Quiet!’s Silent Base Series currently includes two cases; the Silent Base 800 and the Silent Base 600. As you might expect, the Silent Base Series is designed for very quiet operation while still offering excellent performance and cooling. Both cases are targeted towards users looking to build a quiet high-end gaming or multimedia system.
Silent Base 800 Key Features
The Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 ATX Mid-Tower enclosure comes in four different color schemes (Black/Black, Orange/Black, Silver/Black, and Red/Black) and is available with or without a side window. The Silent Base 800 comes with three Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans (two 140mm intakes and one 120mm exhaust) pre-installed along with numerous options that support additional fans or liquid cooling if desired.
“The Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 offers the perfect symbiosis of noise prevention and cooling performance, good usability, and an extensive capacity for high-end hardware.”
Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 Mid-Tower Case Main Features:
• Mid-Tower ATX enclosure available in four different color schemes (with or without a side window)
• Supports ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX motherboards
• Innovative construction assures excellent cooling efficiency and air circulation
• Easily removed dust filters on front and bottom panels
• Sound dampening mats used on front panel and both side panels
• Anti-vibration decoupling provided for fans, HDDs and power supply
• Double-glazed side panel window provides superb soundproofing
• Three included Pure Wings fans: (2) 140mm intakes and (1) 120mm exhaust
• Removable top panel, with top fan mounts pre-drilled for 240mm or 280mm fans and/or liquid cooling radiators
• Excellent cooling and low noise levels with up to six fan mounting locations
o Front: two 140mm fans included
o Top: Dual 120mm or 140mm
o Rear: 120mm fan included
o Bottom: 120mm or 140mm
• (2) USB 3.0, (2) USB 2.0 and audio jacks on the top panel
• Seven internal 3.5” hard drive bays
• Four internal 2.5” SSD mounting locations
• Three external 5.25” drive bays
• Tool-free mounting for all 3.5”/2.5” internal drives
• Up to 290mm (11.4”) clearance for graphic cards
• Up to 400mm (15.7”) for long graphic cards (with HDD cage removed)
• Up to 170mm (6.7”) of space for CPU coolers
• 3-Year manufacturer’s warranty
• MSRP: $149.99 USD ($139.99 without side window)
(Courtesy of Be Quiet!)
The Silent Base 800 mid-tower case features sound absorption material on the inside of the front door panels and both removable side panels for quiet operation.