EVGA has announced a gaming laptop (yes, EVGA), and the company says this computer was designed completely in-house.
Highlights from EVGA:
- 100% EVGA in-house design from the ground up
- GPU, CPU and Memory Superclock support with software and GUI BIOS
- 4K ready (G-SYNC and non G-SYNC)
- Unibody design with 1.05 inch (2.65 cm) thickness including RJ45
- USB 3.1 Type-C support
The SC17 offers a 4K display with G-Sync (a first for laptops at this resolution) and features the company's "Superclocked" branding for the main components, with a 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 processor running at 3.8 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M GPU clocked at 1200 MHz, and G.SKill DDR4 2133 memory overclocked to 2666 MHz.
The known specs:
- 17.3-inch 4K G-Sync display
- Intel Core i7 6820HK Unlocked CPU
- NVIDIA GTX980M with overclocking support
- 16GB 2666 MHz memory
- 256 GB M.2 RAID-0 (2 x 128 GB SSDs)
- 2 TB storage drive
- USB 3.1 Type-C
- FHD front camera
- Synaptics Clickpad 1.5
Other than the promise that this laptop will ship at some point in 2016, we don't have much to go by as far as pricing or availability is concerned just yet.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at https://pcper.com/ces!