Among the enclosures on display at the In Win booth at CES 2016 was the H-Frame (not to be confused with the H-Tower), a striking, open-air enclosure with tempered glass side panels.
In Win highlights these features for the enclosure:
- Stunning lighting effect with light controller
- Open-air layered aluminium metal plate structure provides excellent thermal performance
- Supports USB 3.1 TYPE-C Super Speed transfer interface
- Convenient water cooling pump holder for versatile cooling option
- Equipped with 2 x 3.5”/2.5” SATA HDD modules and Tool-Free EZ-Swap HDD tray
- Unique In Win logo thumb screws
Every detail of the industrial design was clearly considered with the design of this H-Frame chassis, which has a very high level of fit and finish throughout. I was able to go hands on with the enclosure, which is very large in person at 23.5 inches high, 22.9 inches deep, and 10.6 inches wide. The tempered glass sides are tinted, which helps to reduce visible cable clutter behind the motherboard tray.
Besides the glass side panels, the entire construction is aluminum, and inside there is a full tower, standard ATX layout. No so standard is the external chassis design, which is a collection of aluminum plates that leave the outer walls of the case open to the air. This is not ideal for noise or dust of course, but this is the tradeoff with open-air designs which focus on cooling and ease of installation.
An interesting addition to the H-Frame announcement is a matching power supply from In Win, which is specifically designed for this limited edition enclosure. The matching SII-1065W is a very large, fully modular PSU that exceeds the width of standard ATX designs, classified as a PSII size PSU. Offering 1065 watts of power, this PSU has an efficiency equivalent to 80 Plus Platinum according to In Win.
Style matters, of course, so the PSU is color matched and includes internal lighting to match the H-Frame, visible through the clear PSU side panel which is designed to face the windowed side of the enclosure.
H-Frame specifications from In Win:
- Case size: Full Tower
- Material: Aluminum Metal Structure
- Motherboard form-factor: E-ATX / ATX / Micro-ATX / Mini- ITX (max 12” x 13”)
- Expansion slots: PCI-E Slot x8
- Supports High-end Graphic Card up to 440mm (Without HDD Tray)
- Drive bays (internal): 3.5” / 2.5” x6
- (Supports SATA HDD EZ-Swap Module x 2)
- Thermal solution support:
- 120mm Top Fan x3
- 120mm Rear Fan x1
- 360mm Top Radiator (height up to 40mm)
- Supports at least 185mm height CPU heatsink
- Power Supply: Supports ATX12V & EPS12V up to 210mm
- Dimensions: 597 x 271 x 582mm (23.5” x 10.6” x 22.9”)
Pricing and availability were not available for the H-Frame Open-Air Chassis and SII-1065W power supply.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at https://pcper.com/ces!