Lenovo has announced the Y900, a dedicated gaming machine which features the current high-end mobile CPUs and GPUs, as well as configurable overclocking.
Exact overclocking numbers are not yet available, but this will be controlled through software to allow users to select a higher performance level. The system can be configured with up to a quad-core 6th gen Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M, and up to a massive 64 GB of DD4 memory – though with 4 SoDIMM slots it will be easy to upgrade the memory later. Storage options include PCIe SSDs (1 slot) and traditional SATA 6.0 Gb/s drives, and there is also USB 3.1 Type-C as well as HDMI 2.0 among the I/O.
Specifications from Lenovo:
- Up to Intel 6th Gen Quad Core i7 overclockable CPU
- 17.3” 16:9 FHD (1920×1080) IPS Anti-glare
- NVIDIA GTX-980M 4G/8G GDDR5 PCI-Express discrete graphics
- Up to 64GB DDR4 memory (4 x SO-DIMM)
- Up to 512GB SSD PCIe (RAID 0), Up to 1TB HDD SATA 3
- Camera: 720p with internal digital array microphones
- 2 x 2.0w JBL speakers and 3.0w subwoofer w/ Dolby Home Theater
- Battery: Up to 5 hours (Li-Polymer, 6 cell, 90Wh)
- Ports: 3 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0 w/always on charging, 1 x USB Type C (supports USB 3.1, Display Port, Thunderbolt), Audio Jack, Mic Jack, HDMI 2.0, 4-in-1 card
- reader, SPDIF, Display Port)
- Mechanical keyboard with programmable color backlighting
- Colorful highlighted touchpad
- Windows 10 Home
- Dimensions: 425.4mm x 15.2mm x < 35.9mm
The Y900 gaming laptop starts at $1999 and will be available beginning in June of this year.
PC Perspective's CES 2016 coverage is sponsored by Logitech.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at https://pcper.com/ces!
Mechanical keyboard with
Mechanical keyboard with programmable color backlighting
I don’t think that’s accurate.
This thing does not look like
This thing does not look like a Lenovo, but it does look like many other gaming laptops. Are they re-using the design from somebody?
Any 10 point touch-screen on
Any 10 point touch-screen on this?
Make OLED an option id prefer
Make OLED an option id prefer not to play on shitty 1080 IPS with matte coating.