Lenovo has announced updates to their T-series business notebooks, with new models in each category now featuring the latest Intel Core processors along with other improvements.
First we have the ThinkPad T460s, which is Lenovo’s thinnest, lightest offering in the T-series lineup. This new model is powered by 6th gen Intel Core processors and features a 14-inch 2560×1440 display, as well as increased memory and faster PCIe storage compared to the previous T450s.
“The ThinkPad T460s is the ultimate blend of light weight portability and full Enterprise features and functionality. This ultra slim but very durable notebook connects seamlessly to virtually any device or network.”
Here are some of the specifications from Lenovo:
- Up to Intel 6th Gen Core i7 vPro
- Intel HD Graphics HD520; NVIDIA GeForce 930M
- 2560×1440 (WQHD) display
- Up to 24GB DDR4 memory
- Up to 512GB PCIe SSD
- MilSpec tested
- 3 USB, full size HDMI & LAN, mDP, and bottom mechanical docking (options include Smart Card Reader, Touch Finger Print Reader, LTE-A WWAN, WiGig)
- Up to 10.5 hours battery life (48.8 Whr)
- Dimensions: 13.0 x 8.9 x .66 – .74 inch; 3 lbs
Pricing starts at $1059 and the T460s will be available February 2016.
Next up is the T460p, which offers better battery life and more powerful quad-core processors.
“ThinkPad T460p, an incredible performer, now has all day battery life and swappable battery. Backed by MIL-SPEC durability, optical drive, great connectivity options, and extended docking options, the T460p redefines enterprise performance without compromising on mobility.”
Key specs include:
- Intel 6th Gen Core H Series Quad Core processors
- 13% Thinner and 15% lighter
- Up to WQHD IPS display
- Corporate ready with docking and vPro
- Up to 32GB DDR4 memory (2 DIMM)
- Up to 12 Hours battery life (72WHr)
- I/O Ports: 3x USB 3.0, RJ45, mDP , HDMI, 4-in-1 Card Reader, 3.5 mm audio in/out, (Options include Smart Card reader, Touch Sensor Fingerprint Reader, WWAN)
- WLAN: vPro (8260NGW M) Intel Snowfield Peak 2×2 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.1; Non-vPro (8260NGW MNV) Broadcom 2×2 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.1
The T460p will begin shipping in February 2016 beginning at $1249.
Finally, we have the ThinkPad T460 (14-inch) and T560 (15.6-inch) laptops, which use 6th gen Intel Core U processors and offer optional NVIDIA GeForce GTX 940MX graphics.
Lenovo ThinkPad T460
“The ThinkPad T460 and T560 set new standards for productivity on-the-go. They are compact enough to go anywhere, yet offer powerful features to keep up with your business. With up to 16 hours of battery life (T560), you can stay productive during long-haul flights and beyond.”
The T460/T560 both offer PCIe SSD storage options and long battery life, and the larger 15.6-inch T560 also offers up to a 2560-1440 IPS display.
Specifications from Lenovo:
- Intel 6th Gen Core U Processors, up to Core i7
- New PCIe SSD storage and 2GB vRam graphics option.
- Intel Integrated or NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
- Up to 32GB of memory
- Up to 1TB (5400rpm), 500GB (7200rpm), 512 SSD, PCIe SSD (265 GB)
- Display: Up to 15.6" 3K (2560 x 1440) IPS, Anti-Glare, Anti-Smudge; 14" Up to FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare, Touch (optional)
- Dolby Home Theater v4
- Battery: T460: Up to 14 Hours (23 WHr + 72 WHr); T560: Up to 16 Hours (44 WHr + 72 WHr)
- T460: 13.35" x 9.15" x 0.83“, Starting at 3.8 lbs; Ports: RJ45, Docking, Mini DisplayPort, HDMITM, SD Card Slot, Bluetooth 4.1 (Optional: Smart Card Reader, WiGig)
- T560: 14.98" x 10.16" x 0.88“, Starting at 5 lbs; Ports: RJ45, Mini DisplayPort, HDMITM, 4-in-1 Card Reader, Headphone / Microphone (Optional: Smart Card Reader, Fingerprint Reader)
Lenovo ThinkPad T560
Pricing and availability: T460, $909, February 2016; T560, $969, February 2016.
PC Perspective's CES 2016 coverage is sponsored by Logitech.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at https://pcper.com/ces!
I’m very surprised that this
I’m very surprised that this doesn’t have USB-C. Being about to eliminate the docking station in the corporate environment would be great.
I guess this is what I will
I guess this is what I will be buying in say 3 years