While there were both passive and actively-cooled systems on display in Zotac's suite at CES, one of the most interesting was a new fanless computer in a larger form-factor than previous C-series mini-PCs – and it's powered by an 6th-gen Intel Core i5 6300U processor.
“The ZBOX C Series returns with an Intel Skylake CPU while delivering the same silent performance in an all new ZBOX size. More processing power, more entertainment and more productivity is contained within. The new C Series also support USB 3.1 Type-C, perfect for connecting to new gadgets and more bandwidth.”
Here are the specifications:
- CPU: Intel Core i5-6300U processor (dual-core up to 3.0 GHz)
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 520
- Storage: 1x 2.5-inch SATA 6.0 Gbps bay
- RAM: 2x DDR3L-1600 SoDIMM slots (up to 16GB supported)
- USB: 2x USB 3.1 Type-C, 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0
- Networking: Dual Gigabit LAN, 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 4.0
- Video output: DisplayPort, HDMI
Previous 'nano' systems in the C-series have offered VESA mounting, and this new system is no exception. A completely fanless system, this unit was quite heavy in hand but should pose no issue for most larger displays.
Networking includes dual Gigabit Ethernet ports and 802.11ac Wi-Fi
No specifics on pricing or release date just yet.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at https://pcper.com/ces!