Zotac had several new ZBOX small form-factor PCs on display at CES, and among these was a new E series system featuring a pairing of an Intel Skylake i3 with an AMD Radeon R9 GPU.
The Radeon in question is the R9 M365X, a discrete mobile part with 640 stream processors, up to 925 MHz core clock, and 2 GB of dedicated 128-bit GDDR5 memory running at up to 1125 MHz (72 GB/s max bandwidth). This is running on a very capable platform powered by a 6th-gen Intel Core i3-6100T, a 35W 2 core/4 thread part running at 3.20 GHz.
Here is a rundown of the specifications:
- Processor: Intel Core i3-6100T (Skylake) dual-core, 3.20 GHz
- Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M365X with 2 GB GDDR5
- Memory: 2x DDR3L-1600 SoDIMM slots
- Storage: 2.5-inch SATA 6.0 Gbps; M.2 SSD slot
- USB: 2x USB 3.0; USB 3.0 Type-C
- Networking: 2x Gigabit LAN; 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Bluetooth 4.0
- Display output: 3x DisplayPort
Good to see a discrete AMD GPU option in one of these small form-factor ZBOX units, as previous E-series models offered only NVIDIA or Intel solutions. Unfortunately no release date or price was announced.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at https://pcper.com/ces!