Fractal Design has introduced the Define Nano S enclosure; a new, mini-ITX version of their popular Define S mid-tower.
The Fractal Design Define S was our pick for 2015 enclosure of the year (in our year-in-review podcast), and this new mini-ITX version retains the larger enclosure's design aesthetic – and its support for full-size components.
"The Define Nano S is an ITX case that features compatibility with high end, full-size components, superior sound dampening, and an ATX-like layout."
Key features for the Define Nano S from Fractal Design:
- A Define Series ITX case designed for silent computing with sound dampening and ModuVent™ technology
- User-friendly construction with superior cable management and compatibility for full-size components
- Flexible storage options with room for up to 4 drives
- Accommodates a variety of radiator sizes and includes brackets for reservoir and pump mounting
- Features two Dynamic Series fans — 1 GP-12 and 1 GP-14 — with an adapter included for motherboards with limited fan headers
- Featuring an open interior allowing an unobstructed airflow path from the front of the case to the rear exhaust
- Easy-to-clean filters on the top and bottom, spanning the PSU position, with the bottom filter ejecting from the front for easy-access.
The Define Nano S offers a great deal of room for a mini-ITX enclosure (the Nano S is approximately 13.5 inches high, 8 inches wide, and 16.2 inches deep), with support for up to a 240/280 mm radiator on both top and front fan mounts, with 6 fan mounts overall (two of Fractal's Dynamic Series fans – 120 mm and 140 mm – are included). And an important detail; both the bottom and front fan mounts feature removable dust filters.
The enclosure offers the same "ModuVent" removable top vents, allowing more silent operation if the user doesn't need to use the upper fan mounts. There is sound dampening in place throughout, allowing for a quiet build. Storage mounts are behind the rear panel (as in the Define S) supporting two each 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch drives. GPUs up to 315 mm and CPU coolers up to 160 mm are supported along with ATX PSUs up to 160 mm deep.
Pricing will be $64.99 for the standard version, and $69.99 for the version with a window. Availability is set for March 2016.
You can check out the full specs for this new enclosure after the break.
Specifications from Fractal Design:
- ITX motherboard compatibility
- 2 expansion slots
- 2 – 3.5" HDD/2.5" SSD positions; 2 – 2.5" dedicated SSD unit positions (fits SSDs up to 13mm thick)
- 6 – Fan positions (1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 140mm fan + 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP-12 120mm fan included)
- Filtered fan slots in the front and bottom (ejects from the front of the case)
- CPU coolers up to 160mm in height
- ATX PSUs up to 160mm deep
- Graphics cards up to 315mm in length with front fans mounted (Cards wider than the dual slot bracket are not recommended)
- 17 – 35mm of space for cable routing behind the motherboard plate
- Velcro straps included for easy cable management
- Both side panels and rear HDD/SSD brakcets feature smart captive thumbscrews
- Dense sound dampening material on front and right side panels; left side panel includes a transparent window
- ModuVent™ on top of case for further silent computing or additional ventilation
- Colours available: Black
- Case dimensions (WxHxD): 203 x 330 x 400mm
- Case dimensions – wtih feet/protrusions/screws: 203 x 344 x 412mm
- Net weight: 4.6 kg
- Case volume: 26.80 litres
- Package dimensions (WxHxD): 275 x 485 x 420mm
- Package weight: 5.8 kg
- Cooling system
- Front: 2 – 120/140 mm fans (included is 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
- Rear: 1 – 120 mm fan (included is 1 Fractal Design Dynamic GP12 fan, 1200 RPM speed)
- Top: 2 – 120/140 mm fan (not included)
- Bottom: 1 – 120 mm fan (not included)
- Dust filters: Bottom and front intakes
- Water cooling compatibility – Radiators
- Front – 120/240mm, 140/280mm (max width 147, length 312; some radiators extend beyond the screw holes)
- Top – 120/240mm (max component height on motherboard 35mm. Big heatsinks on RAM or power regulators around CPU could conflict with this restriction)
- Bottom – 120mm (max thickness & length: 85mm x 160mm)
- Water cooling compatibility – Pumps
- Pre-drilled holes on multi-bracket, supports many DDC and D5 variants (see manual for detailed measurements)
- Water cooling compatibility – Reservoirs
- Adjustable mounting brackets allow for almost any rectangular mounting screw pattern. Maximum distance between the mounting bracket screw positions: 270mm height / 80mm width.
- Front interface
- 2 USB 3.0
- Audio in/out
- Power button with LED (blue)
- HDD activity LED (blue)
- Reset button
- Package contents
- Define Nano S – Window computer case
- User manual
- Accessory box
- Additional information
- EAN/GTIN-13: 7350041084136
- UPC: 817301014137
- Product code: FD-CA-DEF-NANO-S-BK-W
- Available for System Integrators