The newest Homeworld game is a prequel covering how the fractious clans of Kharak fought over an ancient relic found in the deserts of their dying world, presumably the Mothership of the two previous Homeworld games. From the trailers and descriptions provided in this Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN article the game will play very similarly to Homeworld, most of your assets will be restricted to hugging the ground but their is evidence of vertical terrain, flying units and perhaps even orbital units. In exchange for that your carrier, the replacement Mothership in this game, it is mobile and heavily armed and so will play a big role in your strategy. Read on to learn more about the game right here.
"Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak [official site] is a prequel to the legendary Homeworld space real-time strategy games, but this time – heresy! – set on land, as the Kushan race battle angry clans to reclaim ancient technologies found on the sandy planet they currently call home."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Endless Legend: Shifters Expansion Announced @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Steam’s Atari Vault Package Brings Back 100 Classic Games @ Wired
- Hands On: Far Cry Primal @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Tom Clancy's The Division: PC recommended specs leak @ HEXUS
- Best Fallout 4 Mods @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN