The best way to play the rebooted XCOM game is with the XCOM: Long War mod installed, which not only extends your game but makes vast changes to your soldiers advancements and creates an Officer class as well. They have now created the Long War Studio and are in the planning stages of creating their own game which will be called Terra Invicta. It will be in a similar vein to XCOM, defending the Earth from alien invaders, though there are indications that the gameplay will be very different. This does make it unlikely we will see a Long War mod for XCOM 2 in the near future, hopefully their new project surpasses what they have accomplished with the original reboot. Read more at Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN.
"The game goes by the name Terra Invicta and it’s currently in “pre-Kickstarter development”, though there’s no word on a launch date for the crowdfunding campaign just yet. The designation “grand strategy” suggests this might be an even longer war and perhaps the tactical battles will be missing entirely?"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Humble Monthly Bundle includes immediate Alien: Isolation @ HEXUS
- MSI GS40 6QF Phantom – Battlefront Testing @ Kitguru
- Oculus Pre-Orders Open Now, Price Is $600/£500/€700 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Last chance: Win one of four Sinclair ZX Spectrum Vegas @ HEXUS
- Just Cause 3 Multiplayer Mod In The Works @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN