Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The EVGA 750W GQ power supply exhibited very good voltage regulation on all of the DC outputs along with good AC ripple and noise suppression. The power supply features an excellent assortment of modular cables and delivers very good efficiency, easily meeting the 80Plus Gold criteria. Sure, the AC ripple values are a little higher than we might expect to see on some of EVGA’s premium PSUs but these are very reasonable numbers for a value oriented PSU and well below half of the ATX recommended guidelines.
The 750W GQ PSU incorporates EVGA’s ECO Intelligent Thermal Control System, which allows the power supply to operate in silent, fan-less mode at low to mid power levels. During our testing the power supply was virtually silent up to mid-power range, even with the ECO fan-less mode turned off. The warranty period is five years for the new GQ series. All-in-all, very good for a value minded power supply.
The MSRP for the EVGA 750W GQ power supply is $119.99 USD but you can find it online for $79.99 USD (newegg.com, January 2016).
• 650W, 750W, 850W and 1000W of Continuous DC output at up to 50°C
• Excellent assortment of fully modular cables
• 80 PLUS Gold certified, with up to 92% efficiency
• Clean DC outputs (low AC ripple and noise)
• Very good voltage regulation (±2%) on the three primary outputs
• Very quiet 135mm cooling fan with Fluid Dynamic bearing
• ECO Intelligent Thermal Control allows silent, fan-less operation at low to mid power
• NVIDIA SLI & AMD Crossfire Ready
• All Japanese made capacitors for long life and reliability
• 5-Year warranty
• That’s a lot of EVGA 750W PSUs to choose from
EVGA 750W GQ Power Supply
Our thanks to EVGA for sending us the 750 GQ PSU to review – thanks!