The game may be set in the distant past but you will need modern hardware to get the most out of Far Cry Primal. With a single GTX 980 Ti or Radeon R9 Fury X, you won't break 40fps on Ultra settings at 4K though the Fury will provide an experience that is essentially playable. A pair of vanilla 980's or R9 390X cards will break 40fps on Ultra, with the Crossfire experience being noticeably superior at 4K assuming you enable VSYNC as [H]ard|OCP discovered. For those who track memory usage the game never reached 4GB of usage, even at 4K. This one does tax current GPUs somewhat but is unlikely to appear on many reviews as upcoming hardware will play this Far Cry without breaking a sweat.
"A new game in the Far Cry series is out on the PC called Far Cry Primal. We will run FCP through its paces on six video cards including SLI and CrossFire with the latest drivers and game patch to see what it takes to push these pixels. We will discuss this games stripped down graphics quality compared to Far Cry 4 and what it means for gaming."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The Best GTA 5 Mods @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Sony sheepishly responds to Microsoft's cross-platform multiplayer plans @ The Inquirer
- A New Hope? Unreal-Powered KOTOR Fan Remake @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Two Minutes Of System Shock Remake Footage @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Tom Clancy’s The Division @ Kitguru
- Humble Bundle CRYENGINE pack released @ HEXUS
- The Oculus Rift is launching with these 30 games, at around $20 per game @ Polygon
- Total Warhammer’s Vampire Counts Debuted In Trailer @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Fallout 4 Automatron DLC trailer published @ HEXUS
- In Obsidian’s Next RPG, Tyranny, The Villains Have Already Won @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN