Phoronix have just wrapped up a marathon benchmarking session comparing 15 different flavours of Linux on a system with a Skylake based Xeon E3-1280 v5 and a MSI Radeon R7 370. They tested a long list of programs, from SQLite through OpenGL based games and multi-threaded ray-tracer benchmarks. They wrap up the reveiw with a table showing all the results in an easy to see format for you to reference when choosing your preferred Linux distro. If you know what tasks your machine will be assigned to, you can see which of these 15 distros will offer you the best performance, as not every Linux machine is used for the same purpose.
"Succeeding January's 10-way Linux distribution battle is now a 15-way Linux distribution comparison on an Intel Xeon "Skylake" system with Radeon R7 graphics. Distributions part of this Linux OS performance showdown include Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, OpenSUSE, Antergos, Sabayon, Void Linux, Zenwalk, KaOS, Clear Linux, and Alpine Linux."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Microsoft producing HoloLens in-house, say Taiwan makers @ DigiTimes
- HTC teases yet another make-or-break comeback flagship @ The Register
- Skype to stop supporting TV video calling from June @ The Inquirer
- Sony FDR-X1000V 4K Action Camera @ Tech ARP
- 2TB WD Black HDD Giveaway Contest @ Tech ARP