IOGear have joined the mechanical keyboard market with the Kaliber Gaming Mechlite, opting for Kailh Blue switches as opposed to the Cherry MX switches which have dominated the market. The plain black look will appeal to some, for others the blue LED backlighting with adjustable light levels will be more attractive. The lighting is controlled via a switch as opposed to software, something which may lessen the attractiveness of the board to potential buyers, as will the lack of a bundled wrist rest. Currently it sells for $70 on Amazon, relatively competitive for a backlit mechanical keyboard. Neoseeker has published their impressions of the keyboard if it piques your interest.
"The Kaliber Gaming Mechlite has a blue LED backlight with adjustable brightness levels in 7 different patterns. It has 5 programmable macro keys supporting up to 32 characters each, anti-ghosting keys with full N-key rollover, a Windows key lockout, laser cut keys and braided USB connector cable."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z RGB Keyboard @ techPowerUp
- OZONE Strike Battle Mechanical Compact Gaming Keyboard Review @ NikKTech
- Cooler Master Devastator II Keyboard+Mouse Combo @ Modders-Inc
- Mionix Castor Optical Gaming Mouse @ eTeknix
- Corsair Gaming M65 Pro RGB Optical Mouse @ eTeknix
- G.Skill's Ripjaws MX780 gaming mouse @ The Tech Report