Introduction, Features and Specifications
A quiet, budget-minded case with all the basics.
Phanteks currently sells cases, CPU coolers, cooling fans, and PC accessories. They recently added the Eclipse Series to their case lineup, which includes two models, the Eclipse P400 and the Eclipse P400S (silent edition). Both the P400 and P400S are available with black, white, or gray finishes and can be purchased with or without a side window. We will be taking a detailed look at the Phanteks Eclipse P400S ATX mid-tower, closed-panel case (no side window) in this review.
Phanteks Eclipse P400S Silent Edition ATX Mid-Tower Case
Satin Black, Glacier White, or Anthracite Gray
with, or without a side window
The Eclipse P400S silent edition case comes with an integrated 3-speed fan controller and two quiet 120mm fans (one intake and one exhaust). The P400S incorporates sound dampening panels on the front, top and both sides. And in addition to quiet cooling, the Eclipse P400 and P400S cases feature selectable, 10-color RGB LED lights at the bottom of the front panel for some interesting lighting effects. Two internal 2.5” SSD bays and two internal 3.5” HDD bays are included but there are no 5.25” external drive bays.
Phanteks Eclipse P400S ATX Mid-Tower Case Key Features:
• Mid-Tower ATX enclosure (WxHxD, 210x465x470mm, 8.3×18.3×18.5”)
• Supports E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX motherboards
• Very quiet case for noise sensitive applications
• Sound dampening panels on front, sides, and top
• Easily removed dust filters on front, top and bottom panels
• Two included case fans (120mm intake and 120mm exhaust)
• Three-speed fan controller included
• (2) USB 3.0, mic and headphone jacks on the top I/O panel
• Two internal 3.5” HDD / 2.5” SSD trays
• Two internal 2.5” SSD mounting brackets behind mobo tray
• Tool-free mounting for 3.5” HDDs
• Up to 395mm (15.2”) for long graphic cards
• Up to 280mm (11.0”) clearance (with optional 3.5” HDD cages installed)
• Up to 160mm (6.3”) of space for tall CPU coolers
• Price: $79.99 USD
The Phanteks Eclipse P400S case arrived securely packed inside a standard retail box illustrating the enclosure’s main features and specifications. The case comes wrapped in a plastic bag and is protected by two large Styrofoam inserts.
Located inside the case is a small box that contains an Installation Guide, wire-ties, hardware, and two top panel dust filters.
The Phanteks Eclipse P400S silent edition mid-tower case is designed for budget-minded users who are looking for a quiet case for their next build. The P400S comes with two internal cooling fans pre-installed with four additional locations for adding more fans or liquid cooling radiator(s) if desired.
(Courtesy of Phanteks)
Eclipse P400S silent edition mid-tower case Specifications:
Optional liquid cooling radiator mounting locations:
(Courtesy of Phanteks)