Most reviewers agree, the new DOOM is a callback to the old days of run and gun shooters, not the overly prevalent cover shooters of today. The speed is the key to having fun, leaping up obstacles, chainsawing demons when you are low on ammo or simply putting your boot through them. The shotgun comes early and does exactly what you want it to, or you can choose different favourites from the arsenal you are sure to accumulate. Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN were hoping for a little more variation in the common demon types and the inevitable mod to enlarge the colour palette used in the game but are having a great time already. Check out their first impressions here if you have yet to find the time to play.
"It’s early doors of course, so anything I say below may well become incorrect depending on how things shake out later on. I also haven’t dabbled in multiplayer yet, but will go hang my hide out for an online beating a little later today. "
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- DOOM @ Kitguru
- Black Mesa Restores Cut Surface Tension Levels @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Battleborn PC Game Analysis @ Kitguru
- Read This Article About The Life And Death Of Lionhead @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Humble Deep Silver Bundle 2 launched @ HEXUS
- Unfinished: The Solus Project @ Giant Bomb
- Obsidian Working On Pillars Of Eternity 2 & New IP @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN