The Dawn of War series has been very popular, well designed and as pretty as there were bloody; THQ and Relic even managed decent add-ons that surpassed your run of the mill DLC for the most part. The trailer below gives you a CGI tease of what Dawn of War III might look like when brought to you by Sega and Relic. Those who preferred DoW II are in for a very unpleasant, even heretical, surprise; according to what Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN have heard, the base building of the first instalment is coming back. They do promise to continue the equipment customization of heroes from the second game; here is to hoping they are not just talking about silly hats.
"This isn’t the first public mention of Dawn of War 3. That was way back in 2011, when Relic were still owned by the now departed THQ. It’s likely safe to assume little of that original plan remains."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Wot I Think: Battlefleet Gothic – Armada @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Dishonoured 2 will be released on 11th November @ HEXUS
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered review @ Polygon
- Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Release Pushed To June 7th/9th @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Battlefield World Premiere scheduled for Friday 6th May @ HEXUS
- Wondrous: The Civilization V Community Patch Project @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Titanfall developer Respawn is making a Star Wars game @ Polygon
- Medal of Honor™ Pacific Assault – On The House @ Origin
- Fallout 4 sends players down to Far Harbor later this month @ Polygon
- Long War Studios Making More XCOM 2 Mods @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN