Sharp eyes over at The Guru of 3D spotted some information in a recent press release from AMD that might have been unintentionally released; performance numbers and mention of a AMD Radeon RX 480M. These benchmarks are internal and so should be taken with a grain of salt but they do offer a glimpse at how the RX 470 will perform. The benchmarks were run on a system comprised of ab i7 5960X, 16GB memory and Radeon 16.20, showing better performance than a R9 270X on three games as well as Firestrike below. Follow the link for the results they gleaned from the footnotes.
"In the slide-deck that was released yesterday some benchmark numbers have been, well almost hidden. But they are there. I added them into two charts to check out.
Let me clearly state that the benchmarks have been performed by AMD so we cannot verify quality settings. The scores have been derived from the footnotes of the PDF"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The Terrible Devices Of The Internet Of Wrongs @ Hack a Day
- Virtualizing Around The FCC’s Firmware Modification Rules @ Hack a Day
- Graphene breakthrough could make chips a million times faster @ The Inquirer
- Apple's Safari browser will disable Flash by default in macOS @ The Inquirer
- Apple quietly launches next-gen encrypted file system @ The Register