It won't just be flamethrowers and HMG emplacements in Battlefield 1, you can expect shotguns, sniper rifles, submachine guns, LMGs and semi-automatic along with a variety of melee weapons to inflict pain with. According to the information Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN garnered from the Q&A sessions that the developer hosted, bullet velocity will also be increased; not in a CoD way but to travel at speeds somewhat closer to reality. There will also be tools for snipping barbed wire and possibly to damage light vehicles if the inference is correct … and not referring to a horse. Follow the link for an extremely short video of two weapons in action.
"The weapons of Battlefield 1 are a bit more specialized,” Schimek said. “To get the most out of them, you have to be aware of their strengths and weaknesses, and use the right one in the right situation."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Total War WARHAMMER DirectX 12 PC GFX & CPU scaling performance @ Guru of 3D
- Hack The Planet: Watch Dogs 2 Coming November 15th @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Watch Dogs 2 Announcement Announced, Teaser Teased @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Dota 2 Vulkan vs. OpenGL Performance Redux @ Phoronix
- 12-Way NVIDIA GeForce Comparison For F1 2015 On Linux @ Phoronix
- eus Ex: Mankind Divided And This Mess We’re In @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Wot I Think: Overwatch @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- RPS Verdict: Overwatch @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst @ Kotaku
- Saints Row developer Volition announces Agents of Mayhem @ HEXUS
- Deus Ex Mankind Divided: Gameplay Footage, New Project Reveals From 4.30pm @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- There Is Only War: Playing Total Warhammer As The Chaos Warriors @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN